locked
MS CRM 2011 Outlook Client Configuration Error "Requested value 'SpecialCaseValidForCustomization' was not found" RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I am trying to configure crm 2011 outlook and getting the following error message in the mscrm logs. No errors were logged in eventviewer.

    Error| Exception : Requested value 'SpecialCaseValidForCustomization' was not found.    at System.Enum.EnumResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument)
       at System.Enum.TryParseEnum(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, EnumResult& parseResult)
       at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ConvertHelper.EnumFromXmlString(Type enumType, String mask)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.AttributeDescription.FillPropertiesFromXml(XmlNode node, Boolean throwIfIdsMissing)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.NonSharableMetadataCacheLoader.<>c__DisplayClass7.<LoadDescriptionsFromXml>b__6(IFillableMetadataDescription description, XmlNode node, Boolean newIterator)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.NonSharableMetadataCacheLoader.LoadDescriptionsFromXml(String name, MetadataContainer container, CounterList counter, IEnumerable`1 navs, IEnumerable`1 paths, LoadDescriptionFromXmlDelegate LoadDescriptionFromXmlDelegate)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.NonSharableMetadataCacheLoader.LoadDescriptionsFromXml(String name, MetadataContainer container, CounterList counter, IEnumerable`1 navs, String[] paths)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.NonSharableMetadataCacheLoader.LoadDescriptionsFromXml(String name, MetadataContainer container, CounterList counter, XPathNavigator nav, String path)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.NonSharableMetadataCacheLoader.BuildContainerFromXml(XmlDocument xmlDocument, LoadMasks masks, CounterList counter)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.NonSharableMetadataCacheLoader.LoadCacheFromXml(XmlDocument xmlDocument, LoadMasks masks, CounterList counter)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.DynamicMetadataCacheFactory.LoadCacheFromWebService(DynamicMetadataCacheLoader loader, LoadMasks masks, IOrganizationContext context, Boolean writeCacheToLocalFile, CounterList counter)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.DynamicMetadataCacheFactory.LoadCacheForRichClient(LoadMethod loadMethod, DynamicMetadataCacheLoader loader, LoadMasks masks, IOrganizationContext context, CounterList counter)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.DynamicMetadataCacheFactory.LoadMetadataCache(LoadMethod method, CacheType type, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.MetadataCache.LoadCache(IOrganizationContext context, Boolean fileOnlyIfExists)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.MetadataCache.GetInstance(IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.InitializeMapiStoreForFirstTime()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.Configure(IProgressEventHandler progressEventHandler)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigEngine.Configure(Object stateInfo)
    16:19:55|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.Unconfigure

    Regards

    predesh

    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:36 AM

Answers

  • Here is how you fix this:

    1. Export the default solution.
    2. Copy out the Customizations.xml file from the exported solution
    3. Open the file and search for any instance of SpecialCaseValidationForCustomization in the XML file.
    4. Note which entity and attribute this appears in.
    5. Go back into CRM, edit the specific attribute in which you found this SpecialCaseValidationForCustomization on and set the "Searchable" property to YES.
    6. Republish...try the Outlook Config again.

    In my case, I had disabled the ImportSequenceNumber on the opportunity entity.

    I have also seen this happen on the overriddencreatedon attribute as well.

    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:26 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    I found a solution for this issue, one of the entity primary key contains special character after changing that started working.

    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:59 AM
  • Hi Preshed,

    What do you mean by "one of the entity primary key contains special character" and how have you changed it?

    Best regards,

    HG


    Junior Developer

    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:42 PM
  • Here is how you fix this:

    1. Export the default solution.
    2. Copy out the Customizations.xml file from the exported solution
    3. Open the file and search for any instance of SpecialCaseValidationForCustomization in the XML file.
    4. Note which entity and attribute this appears in.
    5. Go back into CRM, edit the specific attribute in which you found this SpecialCaseValidationForCustomization on and set the "Searchable" property to YES.
    6. Republish...try the Outlook Config again.

    In my case, I had disabled the ImportSequenceNumber on the opportunity entity.

    I have also seen this happen on the overriddencreatedon attribute as well.

    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:26 PM
  • Thanks for the answer! I had the same problem and this solved it.

    Best regards,
    Jaakko

    Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:08 AM