Exclude Files/Folders from Scan RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry, but I have a newbie question and I'm not having any luck finding the answers.

I just started using the new Beta 2 OneCare yesterday, so I'm still stumbling around trying to find settings.

I'm running Vista HomePremium (and am learning here also so could be Vista setup thing maybe)

When I open the Options in OneCare and then go to the Antivirus tab, then click on the 'exclusions' button I am having trouble finding out how to add folders for example:  C:\systemvolumeinformation folder so I can exclude the scanning of system restore files which take forever.  Also would like to exclude the MSOC folder. 

I'm at work and not infront of my machine at the moment so bear with me if I have the file names not exactly right. 

I have Vista set to show hidden files/folders but I'm wondering if the system restore stuff is further hidden, or just not accessable from the Add File/folders in the "Exclusion" settings for OneCare AV. 

Thanks in advance, and again sorry for the noob question.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:50 PM

Answers

• The System Restore points are located in a hidden directory called System Volume Information. If your Windows Explorer options do not allow the display of hidden files and folders or system files and folders, you won't be able to see them in the OneCare exclusions dialog. I was able to exclude them in XP, but they may well be further hidden in Vista.

-steve

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 1:48 AM