What is going to happen with One care?? RRS feed

• Question

• My Onecare subscription is up for renewal soon, in about a month. And to be very truthfull I really like Onecare and I have had my problems with it. But I was able to get the help I needed to resolve my Issues. My question is I had Heard on PC Magazine that One care was going to be a free Virus care suite. Is This true or was sombody just full of the wind??
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 10:03 AM

Answers

• Announcement 11-18-08

You can renew and have a fully supported subscription for the entire term of your subscription as OneCare will be supported through the end of 2010 or the end of your subscription, whichever is sooner. So, assuming a renewal of 5/1/09, your subscription will be good through 5/1/10. Morro is expected to be available some time later this year. It has not yet gone to beta, so expect it to be several months yet before release. Note that Morro will be an antimalware product and will not include the other features of OneCare such as the firewall, tune-up, backup, and management.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 12:59 PM