Creating a new address from a Lead RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

If I qualify a Lead in CRM 2011, then obviously I have the option to create an account. However, can anyone think of a way of dealing with a situation where a Lead can be added to an existing account but as an additional address? No matter how I've thought about this, I just can't see a way around it apart from manually entering the information.

Thanks,

Monday, July 7, 2014 3:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Jon,

The only way you can achieve that is writing a Plugin on qualification of a Lead. Fetch the address details from the Lead and create an Additional Address against an existing Account in the Plugin code. Once you have the Plugin registered and running, qualifying any Lead will add an Additional address to your account.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

• Edited by Anupam Bishui Tuesday, July 8, 2014 5:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jon_Evans Wednesday, July 9, 2014 4:07 PM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 5:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Jon,

The only way you can achieve that is writing a Plugin on qualification of a Lead. Fetch the address details from the Lead and create an Additional Address against an existing Account in the Plugin code. Once you have the Plugin registered and running, qualifying any Lead will add an Additional address to your account.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

• Edited by Anupam Bishui Tuesday, July 8, 2014 5:07 AM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 5:07 AM
  • Thanks, I suspected that it was going to be something like this. My client's budget is not large and it won't stretch to plug ins. I'll have to tell them that it's going to be a manual process for the time being.
    • Unmarked as answer by Jon_Evans Wednesday, July 9, 2014 4:11 PM
    Wednesday, July 9, 2014 4:07 PM