none
Persistent Unexpected Store Exception

Question

• I am experiencing a persistent Unexpected Store Exception at start up for my HP Pavilion g6 1c58dx Notebook, with which I have simply tried to work through update cycles to remedy. I'm sure there are event dump files being generated of which I am not sure what to do with. I would like to work this problem, but it seems interesting to me that I should have to pursue such a problem in the first place. If I were even less computer savvy than I am, the average computer operator would be in dire straights if there is nowhere to turn to.

I am not sure at what point during the startup of the computer if a line of code or hardware or driver is causing the Blue Screen message. There have been some screen messages that I wrote down for what seemed to be offending elements of the startup problem, but have no solution but to online search some information to try to see if the offending file is the problem of if there is a reference of what to pursue. I am left with an open ended case.

Monday, November 9, 2015 8:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• They should be able to help you over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/update?tab=Threads

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Monday, November 9, 2015 9:06 PM
  • Thanks for your reply,

I just completed the most recent update and have restarted my lap top, but the problem persists at the first five seconds of start up the UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION continues to cause a restart. It seems as the code loads it hits an early point in the startup that sends it to Blue Screen and data collection.

The reference page did not really direct me to a solution, I will keep reading looking for a pathway to identify the point at which the start up continues to halt. I have two other machines to upgrade, but I keep waiting until I am sure I will not suffer this recurring problem on the other machines.

One is a Windows 7 desktop, the other a Windows 8.1 laptop so I am concerned about having a whole other set of problems on each machine, If I can return the first machine to reliability, I will be more open to the upgrade of the other two machines. Thanx

Thursday, November 26, 2015 9:21 PM
  • The reference page did not really direct me to a solution,

You'll have better luck if you re-ask your question over there.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, November 27, 2015 1:21 AM