none
Starting the cluster manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there, I'm trying to install/run the cluster HPC pack 2008, I found some toturials and they said that the cluster will start automatically after setting up the domain and DNS and rebooting the server, but unfortunatelly, it didn't start automatically, then I downloaded the HPC2008R2_SP1_x64 and tried to install it but an error accured saying : cannot find target product for the patch/upgrade. How can I fix this, and what's this all about ??
    I forgot to mention that the whole idea is to run the cluster manager on the HPC server, so I think the main question here is how can I run the cluster manager? :)
    Best regards

Monday, December 19, 2011 10:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Ali,

You need to install HPC Pack before you try to run cluster manager, the latest build is V3 SP3 and you should be able to find it here

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=15368

After installing the HPC Pack on your cluster, you can start cluster manager from start-->All Programs -> Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2 --> HPC Cluster Manager

Michael

Monday, December 19, 2011 11:28 PM
  • Thanks Michael, but as you see I mentioned above that I tried to install the HPC pack 2008 (SP1) but the error: " cannot find target product for the patch/upgrade" kept popping up, might it be cause the exe file is broken? or there is something else ?

Thanks

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:18 AM
  • Oh, the link you gave me is 969 MB but the HPC2008R2_SP1_x64 is about 87 MB, I think this is something to do with my error message, I'll download it and try to install it, hope it'll work

Thanks

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:23 AM