CRM 2011 : Customization solution import RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello Friends,

I had met with one situation and after that it changed my perspective towards solution on what I believe and what it actually turned out at.

I had a customer with CRM online implementation and quote entity form was customized at initial times, There were added many fields and scripts on the quote form. Now I had a new requirement to implement a ribbon button on quote entity to clone quote.

I thought I will not interfere to customers current working implementation and I will develop the ribbon functionality on some fresh CRM online instance and import solution later on to target CRM.

Once I imported the solution ( containing only quote form, there were only two attributes added on form and one ribbon button on that form ) to customers working solution. It overridden the form contents containing in the new solution and removed all the custom attributes from the form which were made before in target system.

Now my question is, while importing, can't CRM update only two attributes and one ribbon button on form, rather then overriding old form with new import ? because when we make any independent solution for sale we need to make sure the customer who imports the solution has all the old functionality in place.

Thanks, 

Thanks and regards,
    Hiren Solanki.
    Please vote or mark as a answer if it helped you.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:03 AM

All replies