Windows Live nothing but problems RRS feed

• Question

•  

I was hoping someone could give me some help here.  I just bought Windows Live OneCare and installed it on my computer.  The first time I tried to install it the install got to the 7th bar and stopped.  Then my PC basically froze up.  I couldnt do anything.  I had to unplug the pc to get it to shut off.  The second time it got to the 11th bar and did the same thing.  The 3rd time it got considerably further, but still didn't go all the way, however after I unplugged my computer and plugged it back it when I booted windows up it showed that onecare was in fact installed. 

I started to go through the account process, but it would never connect me to the internet.  It would basically freeze up on me.  Nothing else would work.  AIM wouldnt load, internet explorer wouldnt load, I couldnt do system restore, it wouldnt shut off from the start panel.  So I went into windows through safe mode and tried to uninstall it.  Apparently it didnt like that because it got to the 3rd bar of the uninstall and stopped.  I clicked cancel and went back to add/remove programs and clicked uninstall again.  Only this time it deleted the program from my uninstall list. 

If all that isnt enough my system restore wont work.  It says it cannot restore my pc to any of the previous points, so that is no good.  I am at a point now where I am just going to eat the $20 cost for this garbage program, but I still need to get this *** off my system so my programs will go back to working and I can shut my pc off without having to unplug it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please if you can email the information to me because I dont think I will find my way back to this page to check out the answers.  My email is NineT9WS6TransAm@m.s.n.com to keep from getting spammed I put the periods between m&s and s&n obviously they dont go there.

Monday, December 1, 2008 4:38 PM

Answers