AD Synchronisation : Farm Admin unable to access PWA site (Sorry this site has not been shared) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Forum,

I've been building up a single-box development environment: SQL Server 2012 R2, Sharepoint 2013 and Project Server 2013 on a VM.  The setup is running in Project Server Permissions Mode and I am able to access the PWA site with the FarmAdmin Account with no problems.  I have also been using Project Professional on the host to upload new projects.

So the general system access seems to be working ok.

I then started to configure PWA by setting up AD groups and users and Synchronising with AD groups: (PSAdministrators, PSPortfolioViewers, PSProjectManagers, etc).

Now, when I try to access the root PWA site with the Farm Admin account I get "Sorry this site hasn't been shared with you error". The Farm Admin can still access PWA Site settings and Sharepoint Central Administration, so it seems a partial access issue.

All I can think of is the AD Synchronisation or the managing of the groups has knocked something out.

If this sounds familiar, I would appreciate any advice on where I might have gone wrong and steps to trouble-shoot.

The one problem is that the FarmAdmin user is unable to access the PWA Settings, I'm not able to deactivate the AD Synchronisation (assuming that this was the root-cause).

Many Thanks

Mark

Friday, April 4, 2014 7:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

is your FarmAdmin member of PSAdministrators? If not, add him and wait for next sync - as long as sync ist not perfomed by this account (is it scheduled?).
    If this will not help: If you did not apply to many seetings on groups and categories, you may also think about changing to SharePointPermissionMode, which will delete all existing security settings. Re-apply ProjectServerPermissionMode and set FarmAdmin to "Prevent from AD Syncronization".

Success!
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by MarkS_LE Friday, April 4, 2014 6:28 PM
    Friday, April 4, 2014 9:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

is your FarmAdmin member of PSAdministrators? If not, add him and wait for next sync - as long as sync ist not perfomed by this account (is it scheduled?).
    If this will not help: If you did not apply to many seetings on groups and categories, you may also think about changing to SharePointPermissionMode, which will delete all existing security settings. Re-apply ProjectServerPermissionMode and set FarmAdmin to "Prevent from AD Syncronization".

Success!
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by MarkS_LE Friday, April 4, 2014 6:28 PM
    Friday, April 4, 2014 9:02 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

You're a star!

I added svcFarmAdmin to PSAdministrators. Waited and still had the same error.

Then I managed to get into Central Admin and ran the Project Server AD Timer Jobs (Set as default to run daily) and then I was able to log into PWA root.

Many Thanks for your help. Regarding "Prevent from AD sync" - can you please advise on if this is Within PS or Windows Security?

Kind Regards

Mark

Friday, April 4, 2014 6:28 PM
  • Hi,

The "Prevent ..." is a setting on user level in Project Server. It is a checkbox under field for AD Account when you open a user for editing in Project Web App.

Regards
    Barbara

Saturday, April 5, 2014 6:09 AM
  • Hi

This option does not exist in Project Server 2013 anymore.

grant-spprojectadministratoraccess will help, if the AD sync knocked out the admin account.

Regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCTS, MCSE | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Friday, November 13, 2015 12:03 PM