Audio but no Video on new OCS 2007 Install RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello.

I'm very new to OCS 2007. I'm installing this on a test VM.

I downloaded the trial and installed the Standard edition on a fresh 2003 x32 server. I have a internal CA and the certificate worked. Everything appears to have worked during the install. AD has the options for OCS now.

I start the services and go to the management console and it looks good. I start up Office Communiator 2007 and login 2 users on 2 differnet PCs, IM chat works fine. I start a video call and we get either a black or a grey window, no video at all. Even my preview video is grey. We do get perfect audio.

All services are started.

Also is Live Meeting supposed to work only from Communicator or Outlook integration? I'm not exactly sure if something needs to be done other than the default config but I have no meeting URL to enter in to Live Meeting. One thing I noticed is that IIS has a fairly default look. These are the VDirs I have:

ABS, Conf, Etc, GroupExpansion

I was expecting a cc or meeting Vdir that had the page for sending a meeting invite or connecting... maybe that is done behind the scenes programatically. It just looks bare, like something maybe didn't install right.

Thanks!
    Andy

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 10:48 PM

All replies

•  

I tried a Live Meeting with the same 2 computers (invitation sent from Communicator) and I get video on both, fairly pixilated but OK framerate.

I try a P2P Communicator video call and I get a black screen on one PC and a grey screen on another. The preview is also grey or black.

I did notice that when I close the video chat window in Communicator the second that it disconnects it shows a single frame of webcam on each PC... I've looked at the PC settings themselves, changed hardware accelerataion etc. The PCs and webcams are different. So I wouldn't imagine both are incompatible.

Thursday, November 6, 2008 6:57 PM