Exchucutil?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I’m updating from beta 3 code and just got a GW so im trying to set it up with Enterprise voice, but the documentation and ocsUMUtil reefers to exchUCUtil.exe but I can’t find it, or the documentation reefers to Exchange 2007 Sp1 so it might not even be released yet. So where is it??

C:\Program Files\Office Communications Server 2007\Server\Support\OcsUMUtil.exe" /domainTongue Tiedipdomain.se /forest:addomain.local

No UC related UM Dial Plan objects found. Please create UM Dial Plan objects that match Communications Server 2007 location profiles and run the ExchUcUtil in the Exchange Server 2007 Management Console.

I might be able to get through this by just create a UM dial plan but do I have to have the exchucutil for something else?

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 5:16 PM

Answers

• Well some lines of code and ocsumutil.exe did it J

So case closed

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:42 PM

All replies

• Smile Yes - Exchange sp1 is a stated requirement where you would receive all the tools, parts, etc. Exchsnge sp1 is in beta right now, but I do not beleive it is publically available. I believe the beta is private, so I am not sure how that is going to work for the general population. That being said, the configuration is possible without sp1, but it is a complete manual process, nearly completely through powershell...If I were you, I would wait for sp1 to get the process working correctly so that you are in a supported mode. If you want to move forward without sp1, let me know and I will see if I can get the general steps required (I personally have not never performed the steps but I have watched Microsoft do it in a provate lab).
    Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:08 PM
  • Waiting is for chickens. Wink

Im looking in the documentation from the private beta for ocs and the manual process is described there, but the documentation says I should do some changes with ADSI edit but my AD does not have the same objects as the documentation tells me to change. So I guess ill fail here L

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:15 PM
  • Well some lines of code and ocsumutil.exe did it J

So case closed

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:42 PM
  • Hi Tommy,

Can you explain how you got this working.

I have managed to get the ocsumutil.exe to process the setting s correctly and find the assocaited dial plans with no issue.  But I could not find the correct settings to change in ADSI edit on the exchange server so i kind of just applied the setting to the top level first organisation and allowed the settings to propogate to the all child folders.

I get the voicemail button in communicator but it doesnt connect to the echange AA, I simply get a fast busy tone and a "cannot complete the call" message.

Any ideas?

Simon.

Thursday, May 3, 2007 12:41 PM
  • Hi Tommy,

I am also having the same error when running the ocsumutil.exe. Can you explain what are the things that need to be change with the ADSI?

Lee

Sunday, May 6, 2007 2:41 PM
  • Hey Tommy,
    I have the same situations.
    Can you give me the documentation you've read? or tell me the manual steps of exchucutil?

Thanks
    Sunday, June 3, 2007 11:20 AM
  • Sorry for the delayed answer, and well since there is a beta of Exchange SP1 I really suggest you use that instead and just follow the instructions in the documentation.

Monday, June 4, 2007 1:09 PM
  • Hi Tommy,

Any chance you could tell us what you did, for those of us not on TechNet and don't have access to the Exchange 2007 sp1 beta?

Thanks,

Dan.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 9:21 PM
  • Well I’m sorry but I can’t since I used the documentation from beta 2 to do it and I can’t find it anymore and don’t have it on my computer either.

Thursday, June 7, 2007 8:27 AM
  •  

Hi,

Why is only the 64-bit version of SP1 available for MSDN-subscribers, and not the 32-bit version.

For Technet-subscribers, both versions are downloadable.

See also at Damien Caro's blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dcaro/archive/2007/04/11/sp1-beta-d-exchange-2007-disponible.aspx

Regards,

Dieter

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 9:55 AM