Internal SCSI discs - listed as Internal ATA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have 5 discs in my WHS. 4 of them are are connected trhough SATA PCI cards, the last (the OS disc) is conencted directly to the motherboard.

THey are all listed as Internal SCSI except for the system disc that is listed as Internal ATA.

I am a bit concerned as this disc has the most access and could be slowing down the server.

If I understand it correctly all files are copied to the system disc them moved to the other discs?

I've looked in my Bios to try to change this to SATA (if it had been set to PATA) but couldn't find the setting.

Thanks for your help.
    Sunday, August 5, 2007 8:52 AM

All replies

•  Roaders wrote:
    Hi All

I have 5 discs in my WHS. 4 of them are are connected trhough SATA PCI cards, the last (the OS disc) is conencted directly to the motherboard.

THey are all listed as Internal SCSI except for the system disc that is listed as Internal ATA.

I am a bit concerned as this disc has the most access and could be slowing down the server.

If I understand it correctly all files are copied to the system disc them moved to the other discs?

I've looked in my Bios to try to change this to SATA (if it had been set to PATA) but couldn't find the setting.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Different BIOS have different setting, I think you will find it under "raid" in your BIOS, set it to "AHCI"

My best.
    Monday, August 6, 2007 6:21 AM