Word Interop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone!

I'm currently learning how to use the Word Interop API and am running into some frustrating issues. 

I'm attempting to format blocks of text/image into separate paragraphs and then setting the KeepTogether property of the paragraphs in order to make that each block (or paragraph) is contained entirely on a single page.

For example:

(para 1)
    blah blah blah
    (end para 1)
    (para2)
    more text etc...
    more stuff....
    --------(page break)-----
    even more stuff
    (end para 2)

I would want that to be formatted with para2 automatically bumped to the second page... I thought this is what KeepTogether does...?

Half the time when I attempt to set KeepTogether equal to 1 on a given paragraph it complains that the value is "outside the expected range"; other times, it just doesn't work.

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong by just creating new paragraphs at the document level and then attempting to format at the paragraph level like this?

Please Help!

Thanks!

• Moved by nobugz Saturday, July 12, 2008 1:58 AM No office support here
    Friday, July 11, 2008 3:37 PM

Answers

•  

Hello,

Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately I am not able to determine which forum or newsgroup is best suited for your question at hand.  Could you please provide me a little more detail in regards to the product or technology you are inquiring about?

Thanks!

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Marked as answer by ashawani_dubey Friday, November 21, 2008 12:16 PM
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 8:51 AM