Wake up from sleep setting RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded my notebook to win 7 and installed PP3 on my home server.  So far, my notebook has not come out of sleep mode to allow a backup to occur.  I am having no problems accessing the server through the console and a connection is made when I wake up the notebook.  I know somewhere you can make a selection to enable the notebook to wake up for backups.  For the life of me I can't find where to check to see if that is still enabled after my upgrade to win 7.  Can anyone please point out where that setting can be accessed?  Thanks in advance!
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 3:56 AM

Answers

• I recently upgraded my notebook to win 7 and installed PP3 on my home server.  So far, my notebook has not come out of sleep mode to allow a backup to occur.  I am having no problems accessing the server through the console and a connection is made when I wake up the notebook.  I know somewhere you can make a selection to enable the notebook to wake up for backups.  For the life of me I can't find where to check to see if that is still enabled after my upgrade to win 7.  Can anyone please point out where that setting can be accessed?  Thanks in advance!
    Right click on the icon in the system tray and select Wake This Computer For Backup.  Note that this will only work when your laptop is on AC power, not battery power.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by noscam Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:37 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by noscam Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by noscam Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:38 AM
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:33 AM

All replies

Right click on the icon in the system tray and select Wake This Computer For Backup.  Note that this will only work when your laptop is on AC power, not battery power.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by noscam Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:37 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by noscam Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by noscam Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:38 AM
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:33 AM
  • Thank you for the quick response.  It was checked to wake up but it hasn't yet since switching to Windows 7.  Also, I am on AC power -- maybe some setting/problem with my wireless connection.  Thanks again!
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:41 AM