Safe mode/task manager? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Every time my phone has crashed (an O2 XDA Atom Life running on WM 6) - 4 times in the last 3 months, it's gotten to a point where I THINK it's doing something, but it's probably not and I wind up having to do a hard reset. It's got to be a bug with the profiles/volume because I usually wind up with a volume control on the display but can't do anything after that.

How about a key combo to start with debug information on the screen so I at least know where it's going mad. The ability to start out with a task manager could help as well.

Full backup has been removed with WM6 and activesync 4.5. How about putting it back rather than me having to rely so heavilly on third party tools to do a full restore?

Also, considering the way Nokia's moved with phones (I use the equivalent of a slightly scaled down MS Voice Control - no training required - on my vanilla N91 that's a year and a half old) I wouldn't want to see you guys lagging for want of a little more in the way of sales. How about putting Voice Control in by default?

I don't want a browser that sits there complaining that it's a mobile device I'm on. How about a full browser with a proper DOM and javascripting capabilities? I'm not sure how true it is, but I've been told that the main reason is that there are security concerns with a device with personal information on it which is capable of making calls - my computer's about the same. Besides, if I think my security is being compromised, I should be able to tweak my settings myself and disable javascripting/access to files on the machine.

That's about it for now I suppose.

Sunil.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 9:08 AM