Using Windows 8 Mail app in simulator RRS feed

• Question

• Should I be able to use the Mail app in the simulator?  I'm trying to share content via email and I can't get the Mail app to work.  I can't even get the Mail app to open in the simulator in general.

It looks like it uses the accounts from the host OS, since I can't set up accounts in the Settings area separately.  I have Gmail and another IMAP account (my own domain) set up in the host OS, if that makes a difference.

Sometimes the Mail app splash screen just sits there and eventually goes away. Sometimes I get a message about not being to sign in and to "Try again later".

I have never gotten sharing to work via email in the Simulator.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:43 PM

Answers

• Hi skills0,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Based on your description, I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss the VS debugger tool. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Since it is related to the Windows 8 Mail app, like this thread, maybe you could post this issue in Windows 8 Pre-release forum for better support. Anyway, I move it to the moderator forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Have a nice weekend,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, September 21, 2012 7:12 AM