NEED HELP: Live Mesh is *deleting* my local files! RRS feed

• Question

• Live Mesh has copied files from my local machine to the Live Desktop and I can access them there, but then it has REMOVED these files from my local machine.  I need to recover these files urgently, and in bulk (ie: not one at a time, by opening them from the Live Desktop).  I know the synchronisation process is *supposed* to do this, but I am finding it is simply removing them, and I really don't want to lose anything more from my local machine.

What I want is a way I can transfer the contents of entire folders held on my Live Desktop to another file folder on my local machine so that I can recover the contents of the folder I was supposed to be synchronising.  PLEASE HELP. 
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 10:29 AM

Answers

• Like Stephen said it doesn't remove them from the folder unless someone else deleted them.  To determine what is going on though I'll need your logs please.

You can submit them here by entering a bug:  http://connect.microsoft.com/livemesh  You will need to register your Live ID with Connect to submit feedback.  Steps on the feedback page walk you through how to collect logs and attach them to your feedback.

-Ken

Thursday, April 9, 2009 3:44 AM

All replies

• When you add a folder to your Mesh it synschronizes the data to the Live Desktop and other PCs in your ring. it will *not* remove the originals from your PC unless they were deleted from another device in the ring or the Live Desktop. If that happened, the deleted files should be found in your Recycle Bin.

What is the local folder you have added to the Mesh? How are you accessing or viewing this folder on the local machine?

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 7:00 PM
  • Like Stephen said it doesn't remove them from the folder unless someone else deleted them.  To determine what is going on though I'll need your logs please.

You can submit them here by entering a bug:  http://connect.microsoft.com/livemesh  You will need to register your Live ID with Connect to submit feedback.  Steps on the feedback page walk you through how to collect logs and attach them to your feedback.

-Ken

Thursday, April 9, 2009 3:44 AM