Unbelievable Microsoft Number of Updates The I must go to see if there are any! This is crazy! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Every day QWEST OneCare say I MUST GO TO MICROSOFT UPDATES TO SEE IF THERE ARE ANY UPDATES!

I am very annoyed, very annoyed. I DO NOT CARE TO CHECK MICROSOFT UPDATES EVERY SINGLE DAY! I do not care if there is an update. I would rather have a virus and crash my machine every day! Its not like there is an ACTUAL Update I just have to go look. Believe it or not I have work to do and not check for stupid updates every day! Please is there a way to stop this silliness!!!!! John Chapter, Lakewood, CO

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 8:03 PM

All replies

• John, go to Windows Update. Review your Update History and make sure that you show hidden updates. If there are any critical or important updates, you must install them. If any of these show as failed, you will need to resolve the failure.

Windows Update Solution Center - http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

If there are no failed or missing updates, you should contact Qwest support, who provides front line support for your OneCare subscription. There is no way to turn off the warning if updates are missing. You should *not* be seeing this daily, but you will if there are missing critical updates.

-steve

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 11:37 PM