confused about the different 70-68X tests RRS feed

  • Question

  • I current have the MCDST for winxp. My employer requires me to have a new cert for 7. The website lists several that all seem to cover the same thing. Which one do i need? 70-680, 682 and 685 all look identical to me.
    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 6:33 PM


  • 70-680 is an entry-level exam that will only give you a "TS" certification. On the other hand, 682 and 685 are PRO-level. In your particular case, you want 682 because this is the "upgrade" exam from your existing MCDST. 70-685 would be a more costly way of acquiring the PRO certification because it requires 70-680 as a prerequisite.

    • Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, April 25, 2012 7:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Sunday, April 29, 2012 11:25 PM
    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:41 PM