Can I use cascading parameters in a fetchXML report. RRS feed

• Question

•  I'm trying to write a report For CRM Online in FetchXML. I want to use pre-filtering to force users to run the report from the Account form so the results are limited to one account because my database is quite large and if they use the Advanced Find  they are likely to break the report.
    So dataset1 uses a query which includes a pre-filtering parameter, '@CRM_account'
    I was hoping to add Dataset2 which would use a cascading parameter, '@CRM_Org'  that gets its value from the 'accountid' attribute in the query used for Databset1.  When I run the report however. I get an error 'a parameter expected by the report has not been supplied.' It seems the value for the 2nd param for dataset2 , '@CRM_Org' is not getting a value passed to it. Does anybody know if what I am attempting is possible in FetchXML ?

regards Alan Ward

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:42 AM

All replies

• I couldn't understand what is the use of second parameter. Your work can be done with one parameter.

Create your fetch with a parameter in it (say dataset1). Now create a fetchXML (say dataset2) that fetches you account id.

For the parameter from dataset1, set default value as "Get values from Query" and pass "account id " from dataset2 to it. That's it your job is done.

Note: Remember to select Forms for related record types in Display In area and Account in Related Record Types area.

Jugal Kishore Dandamudi.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 9:43 AM