none
Device driver cannot be found RRS feed

• Question

• My demo environment: Windows 10 Pro 32-bit

I have a device named "Metro La7 USB Device" , and the driver is "La7Usb.sys" located at c:\windows\system32\drivers folder (it is installed with my application) 

when i try to update the driver by browse locally, it is said "Windows was unable to install LockAlert 7 USB "

But when I try another way "Search automatically for updated driver software", it does works.

he device has been found and works well with the application.

And see the driver details, it looks using the same driver file in "c:\windows\system32\drivers", and the file version as the same as before.

My question is: what's the root cause ? I need to resolve it by searching it from locally, as the production machines cannot update drivers like this demo machine.

Mac Lee-Focus on .NET/SharePoint

• Moved by Stanly Fan Friday, February 9, 2018 7:10 AM
    Friday, February 9, 2018 1:27 AM

All replies

• If you are trying to use Windows Forms to write a device driver then it won't work. Which part of the software did you write? Are you developing an installer of the device driver?

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Friday, February 9, 2018 3:56 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. I' m not writing any installer or device driver. Just connect with a USB device to Windows, but there is problem as I described while driving this device, I think it is related with Windows OS and Windows update, so I post it here. Could you please tell me where the correct part should I post? Thanks.

Friday, February 9, 2018 5:55 AM
  • Hi,

This forum is discussing and asking questions about the Windows Form and ClickOnce, it will be more appropriate to ask your question at Microsoft Community

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 9, 2018 6:07 AM
  • OK, I already post another one, the forum admin could remove this one

Friday, February 9, 2018 6:44 AM
  • LockAlert 7 USB

OK. So where ever I go for help I get the same instructions above, the thing is there is no driver in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers and searching for a driver does not work it comes up with no driver found on PC or on the internet. I do not mean to be disrespectful but this search has been like putting someone in a round room and telling them to go sit in the corner. I need the driver from a reliable source. I tried the manufacturer of the PC Tangent and came up with no driver found there too. Someone please help. Thank you!!  

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 3:59 PM