streets & trips 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• licensing initialization error    0x80070005
    Tuesday, August 1, 2017 8:55 PM

All replies

• It installed successfully for me and runs great on Windows 10 with the October update 16299 on my Surface Pro.

However, on a second machine with 17025, it initially got this same licensing error. So I uninstalled it, then downloaded the 32 bit mfc100.dll package from Microsoft (don't get it from any other source, it may be spammed) and installed that first (even though S&F claims to install it, that doesn't work). Then I installed S&T again, and it now works perfectly.

Not incidentally, the GPS that comes with S&T doesn't work in Windows 10 anymore... and it's out-dated anyway. I bought a BU-353S4 via Amazon (very inexpensive) and it works great. I had it locked onto 9 satellites the other day, and it starts up much faster than the old one too.

So, you can have a perfect S&T experience in Windows 10 right thru the latest build.

I hope this software works forever, because I use it heavily to setup and run drives for my sports car club. There really is no alternative as far as I know (plot-a-route is too crude and inaccurate).

-Jeff Testing W10 and O16

Saturday, October 28, 2017 1:09 AM