I have setup Win 7 on the netbook and it can't see the WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I have put it in the correct workgroup. The connector works and I can do all of the server configuration with out any problems. I want to use the shares on the WHS not on the local drive. I went from XP to a clean install of Win 7. If I am in "Windows explorer" I don't know the W7 words yet, I can see the server but it just launches the web page for remote access. I can't connect to any folders because I can't see them. It is the only W7 machine.
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 3:35 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure if you have the same problem as I had, but check if  "Windows Live ID login Assistant" is installed on your computer. If so, uninstall this program and see if it helps.

I have three computers running Win 7RC connected to my WHS - including an old which was previously running XP. This PC got problems with network access after installing the "Windows Live ID login Assistant". After unistalling this program I have not experinced problems.
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 4:04 PM
  • I have put it in the correct workgroup. The connector works and I can do all of the server configuration with out any problems. I want to use the shares on the WHS not on the local drive. I went from XP to a clean install of Win 7. If I am in "Windows explorer" I don't know the W7 words yet, I can see the server but it just launches the web page for remote access. I can't connect to any folders because I can't see them. It is the only W7 machine.

What happens if you double-click on the Shared Folders on Server icon on your desktop?  How about if you browse to \\server (replacing "server" with the name of your server)?  Do you get an error message?  If so, exactly what does it say?
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 6:03 PM