The upgrade to Window Wista SP 1 resulted in the system crashed. All I am getting now is the Blue screen RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to update to Wista SP Pack 1 and in the process of doing that the system failed. I cannot restart, reboot . The system is only 1 year old, never had a problem. It is a Window Wista home premium E2180. Dual core processor. How to reinstall Window Wista?

Have no back up CDs.  Please advice on getting my system back in order.

Thank you so much

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 4:11 PM

Answers

• Hello Salva,

Thank you for posting with us. Curious who is the manufacturer of your computer? Next I would recommend for you to contact the manufacturer's technical support section and request them to send you the recovery media. Next many manufacturers have a hidden image located on the hard drive which can be used for restoring the system. Again you can visit the technical support page for the computer's manufacturer and located the detailed steps which you need to take for restoring the system. Since you can't boot into Vista you will not be able to save your files, pictures, websites etc. So please keep in mind you will loose what was on your system unless the manufacturer technical suport can assist you.

Take care Salva,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:18 PM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:18 PM
  • Hello Slava :-),

Acer's main site is http://www.acer.com/worldwide/selection.html. Once you are there please select your country of origin. Next you would want to select "Service and Support" Next select "Support Website" Then select a country. Look for something along the line of this

"Acer Recovery Media Purchase Program". This will allow you to purchase the recovery media software for the particular model of Acer system you own. Also some manufacturers install a hidden partion which allows you to restore the computer back to factory new. When you power the computer off then back on again look at the BIOS screen for something that may elude to "Recovery" partion etc. Keep in mind this will totally erase any and all files you currently have on the system so hopefully you have previously backed up the computer as I previously mentioned.

Take care,

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, May 21, 2009 9:13 PM
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 9:13 PM

All replies

• the error code:

*** stop: 0x000c1F5 (0x00000000, 0x00000000000 ...many times)
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 4:58 PM
  • Hello Salva,

Thank you for posting with us. Curious who is the manufacturer of your computer? Next I would recommend for you to contact the manufacturer's technical support section and request them to send you the recovery media. Next many manufacturers have a hidden image located on the hard drive which can be used for restoring the system. Again you can visit the technical support page for the computer's manufacturer and located the detailed steps which you need to take for restoring the system. Since you can't boot into Vista you will not be able to save your files, pictures, websites etc. So please keep in mind you will loose what was on your system unless the manufacturer technical suport can assist you.

Take care Salva,

Stephen
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:18 PM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:18 PM
  • Thank you for your advice, Mr. Stephen,
    the system is Acer Aspire, I hace advice from Microsoft people to download the Hotfix ###, so I am not sure that I can run it on my other computer, save on CD and reboot the failed one.
    Please give me another minute and reply.  Thank you a Million
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:36 PM
  • Hello Slava :-),

Acer's main site is http://www.acer.com/worldwide/selection.html. Once you are there please select your country of origin. Next you would want to select "Service and Support" Next select "Support Website" Then select a country. Look for something along the line of this

"Acer Recovery Media Purchase Program". This will allow you to purchase the recovery media software for the particular model of Acer system you own. Also some manufacturers install a hidden partion which allows you to restore the computer back to factory new. When you power the computer off then back on again look at the BIOS screen for something that may elude to "Recovery" partion etc. Keep in mind this will totally erase any and all files you currently have on the system so hopefully you have previously backed up the computer as I previously mentioned.

Take care,

Stephen

• Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, May 21, 2009 9:13 PM
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 9:13 PM
  • Thank you again for your time , help and attention.

I will follow your advice and let you know about progress.
    You are a good man, thank you,

Stefan (Slava)
    Friday, May 22, 2009 2:57 PM
  • I have tried and no progress what so ever. I've got to serial number, printed in and got a little window " Displays secured and unsecured information".
    No matter "Yes or No" it gets nowhere, like Working, then going nowhere. Loading something for a long time.

That is the best so far.
    Thank you again
    Friday, May 22, 2009 3:36 PM