Problems Removing Drive to replace it RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to remove an internal sATA drive through the "server storage" tab.  When the wizard starts after agreeing to let it run, I get an message telling me that i have shared folder open on IP 127.0.01.  I know that this is the servers internal IP, but for the life of me i can't find the "open" folder that needs to be closed.  I have tried closing all mapped drives to the server, killing processes, rebooting the unit and so on.  So far, no luck. 

I am currently running Home Server 2009 (i think, it is an HP box and this is stil the original software, although i have power pack 3 installed).  Below are the different version of things being used.

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2423.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.2423.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.2423.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.3436.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.3039.0

Any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks-Tony

Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:30 PM

All replies

• Are any shared folders open on client computers?

BullDawg
    In God We Trust
    :I have been trying to remove an internal sATA drive through the "server storage" tab. When the wizard starts after agreeing to let it run, I get an message telling me that i have shared folder open on IP 127.0.01. I know that this is the servers internal IP, but for the life of me i can't find the "open" folder that needs to be closed. I have tried closing all mapped drives to the server, killing processes, rebooting the unit and so on. So far, no luck.
    :
    : I am currently running Home Server 2009 (i think, it is an HP box and this is stil the original software, although i have power pack 3 installed). Below are the different version of things being used.
    :
    : Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2423.0
    : Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.2423.0
    : Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.2423.0
    : Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.3436.0
    : Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.3039.0
    :
    : Any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated.
    :
    :
    :
    : Thanks-Tony
    :

BullDawg
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:09 PM
  • No, that is the problem, i can't find anything that is open.  WHS says the IP address with the open folder is 127.0.0.1 which is apparently an internal IP-hence my confusion

Tony

Friday, May 25, 2012 3:03 AM
  • Have you installed any software on your server's desktop? Any add-ins?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Friday, May 25, 2012 11:38 AM
  • Yes I have (minecraft video game server and Logmein Hamatchi VPN), but before i started the disk removal wizard i quit the software and made sure it was shut down via task manager's processes.  As mentioned, I have installed Hamatchi VPN and it has created another network interface in addition to the local area connection.  I was wondering if i should shut this down, but i wasn't sure if it made a difference.

The only add-in i have installed is Windows Home Server Toolkit.

Thanks-Tony

Monday, May 28, 2012 3:50 PM