none
Using MediaCapture Custom Effect on WPF platform RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add a custom video effect to a WPF platform app utilizing the MediaCapture class.  I have the appropriate libraries referenced to add the calls, but I am having issues accessing the effect via VideoEffectDefinition.  I just get a "class not registered" error.  I have tried referencing this class built as a regular external library, but no luck.  I can instantiate the class and call methods on it, but the VideoEffectDefinition just cannot find it for some reason.  I cannot include this library built as a windows runtime as I get an invalid scenario for trying the meld a .NETCORE library with a .NET Framework app.  Has anyone been able to do this, or is this even possible??

Martin Autry

• Moved by Bob Ding Thursday, June 22, 2017 7:23 AM
    Saturday, June 3, 2017 2:58 AM

All replies

• MediaCapture is not a WPF class.  It is a UWP class so that may explain the problem.

Lloyd Sheen

• Proposed as answer by Bob Ding Monday, June 5, 2017 7:41 AM
    Saturday, June 3, 2017 1:50 PM
  • I agree.  I had read somewhere that the video effect library had to be written as a windows runtime component to work, so it may be more an issue of getting a .NETCore based library to work within a framework app.

Martin Autry

Saturday, June 3, 2017 7:48 PM
  • Hi,

I found /MediaCaptureWPF .

CameraPreview  allows previewing the camera video stream of the WinRT MediaCapture API in Desktop WPF apps.

Hope this is what you want.

Best Regards,

Bob

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 5, 2017 7:50 AM
  • Yes, I am using MediaCaptureWPF for preview.  What I am trying to do is make the call AddVideoEffectAsync from the WPF app.  I cannot get the VideoEffectDefinition to load the effect class.  It appears the library needs to be a Windows Runtime Component to work but the WPF will not accept the WinRT component.

Martin Autry

Monday, June 5, 2017 1:27 PM
  • Hi,

Since MediaCaptureWPF  the third party source which is outside of this forum scope of support.

Your post will be moved to the Off topic forum. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Bob 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 7:21 AM
  • Actually, this discussion is about VideoEffectDefinition usage in a WPF app and not anything to do with MediaCaptureWPF.  It was just brought up randomly in the discussion.

Martin Autry

Thursday, June 22, 2017 3:31 PM
  • HI,

>>Actually, this discussion is about VideoEffectDefinition usage in a WPF app and not anything to do with MediaCaptureWPF.  It was just brought up randomly in the discussion.

According to the policy, this forum will not deal with any third party source.

If your question is still not solved, I suggest you post a new discussion thread on WPF forum.

Best Regards,

Bob

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:15 AM