set up VPN RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to set up a Virtual Private network at my home to connect to my work server and the box to select VPN under network settings is greyed out. What settings do I have to change on my xp pro and how do I get to them to change them to set this thing up?
    Sunday, September 30, 2007 7:45 PM

Answers

• yes, thank you for the link, however, I know and understand the steps required to set up the VPN

the problem is that 'THAT SELECTION IS GRAYED OUT' - i can not pick it. I think this has to do with some other xp pro setting (perhaps permissions).

any suggestions on what to do to 'un grey it' and thereby enable my to complete the rest of the (linked) VPN setup procedure?
    Monday, October 1, 2007 8:32 PM
  • Hello Maxgrater,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Forum.  The purpose of this forum is the support of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program.  Your question is off topic as well as outside my area of knowledge. Please visit the link Carey provided and post your question there. Another source for question is http://support.microsoft.com . Please locate the box labeled:  "Search Support (KB)" . Next you may type in your search critera such as VPN set up. There are several Knowledge Based (KB) documents you may research for resolving your situation. Thank you very much Maxgrater.

Stephen Holm, MS 

Monday, October 1, 2007 9:00 PM

All replies

• Sunday, September 30, 2007 11:12 PM
  • yes, thank you for the link, however, I know and understand the steps required to set up the VPN

the problem is that 'THAT SELECTION IS GRAYED OUT' - i can not pick it. I think this has to do with some other xp pro setting (perhaps permissions).

any suggestions on what to do to 'un grey it' and thereby enable my to complete the rest of the (linked) VPN setup procedure?
    Monday, October 1, 2007 8:32 PM
  • Hello Maxgrater,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Forum.  The purpose of this forum is the support of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program.  Your question is off topic as well as outside my area of knowledge. Please visit the link Carey provided and post your question there. Another source for question is http://support.microsoft.com . Please locate the box labeled:  "Search Support (KB)" . Next you may type in your search critera such as VPN set up. There are several Knowledge Based (KB) documents you may research for resolving your situation. Thank you very much Maxgrater.

Stephen Holm, MS 

Monday, October 1, 2007 9:00 PM