Why does the Computers tab not show up on my WHS webpage? RRS feed

• Question

• Since I have installed WHS, I have never been able to see the Computers tab show up on my WHS webpage. I have 2 computers currently running the connector software and that is all functioning perfectly. I just cannot find anything to set or change that will enable the remote access computer tab on the web page. I have seen at least one other posting saying that they had the same problem, but there was no resolution posted.

Can anyone help with this?
    Monday, May 11, 2009 8:51 PM

Answers

• The Computers tab is only visible if:
    • The user you logged in to the Remote Access web site as is granted permission to access it, and
    • You use Internet Explorer, either as a standalone browser or hosted in another browser using something like the IE Tab add-in for Firefox.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, May 11, 2009 8:54 PM

All replies

• The Computers tab is only visible if:
    • The user you logged in to the Remote Access web site as is granted permission to access it, and
    • You use Internet Explorer, either as a standalone browser or hosted in another browser using something like the IE Tab add-in for Firefox.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, May 11, 2009 8:54 PM
  • Thanks, Ken. The problem was that I was using Firefox and they (Microsoft) obviously must be using and ActiveX component for the remote computers.
    Monday, May 18, 2009 9:19 PM