? how to connect to WHS sharing by extended Vista Media Center on Xboxlive??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi at all!
    I have an Xbox live connected on my Pc with Vista Ultimate by Media Center Extender and i'd like to add WHS folder shared on "Media Center videos catalogue". When I try to add network sharing I dont see anythink.
    Folders of WHS are shared with full control both for "Anonymous Logon" and "Everyone group".
    I have already tried to run batch script for Mcx1 user (user withing Xboxlive are connecting on MediaCenter) where I connect network share with net use command... but doesn't work....
    Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
    W.

Monday, June 25, 2007 8:30 PM

All replies

• All i did was enable the guest account with no password on WHS and limit it to Read Only Access on my Media.  That seemed to do the trick for me.  Hope that helps.  Hope Micosoft looks at a Media Center Service account for this in the future.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 5:50 PM
  • In general I feel the behavior of Media Center and extenders when the user has their media on a server is really quite weak.

This is a place where the WHS guys could collaborate with the eHome guys on getting this scenario to rock. As it is now there can be a lot of pain involved.

Thursday, June 28, 2007 5:17 AM