Windows 8 tiles not working RRS feed

• Question

• I have read a number of forums and help articles for the titled issue. I have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8 and only the desktop tile, windows explorer tile and internet explorer tile are working. The other tiles when clicked start loading the application but it just quits out. Occasionally a script error box comes up on the desktop but a lot of the time there is nothing. I am using an Acer touchscreen desktop that more than meets the requirements. The only thing I can think of is an outdated display drivers but no-one is releasing windows 8 drivers yet!!!! The display driver is: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
    The display mode is 1920 x 1080 and I have tried creating a local account, changing UAC and pretty much everything that has been mentioned.

Id really appreciate help with this issue as it is ruining my Windows experience. Thank you.

James

Saturday, March 17, 2012 11:51 PM

All replies

• This web site is for help in writing apps

For help in using Windows, including Windows 8, visit answers.microsoft.com.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

Sunday, March 18, 2012 3:11 AM
  •     James, I have the same problem too .Please if u hv a solution let me know .My e-mail address is orzyorz@yahoo mail.com. Thanks
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 10:26 PM