Cjhange Workflow version in use RRS feed

• Question

• I have one workflow active in multiples opportunities, today I make very changes for this workflow.

What should I do for opportunities to use the new version of the workflow?

Best regards

jaime

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 10:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Jaime, if the existing opportunities triggered the old version of the workflow they do not automatically trigger the new version of the workflow. You will need to manually associate the existing opportunities with the new workflow by having those opportunities meet the new workflow's trigger conditions or manually.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, October 4, 2010 4:08 PM
    Monday, October 4, 2010 4:02 PM

All replies

• If you have a Workflow set to run against an entity (in this case Opportunities) and you unpublish, change and re-publish, it will just work as before.

Or do you mean that the Workflow was in a 'Waiting' stage?

Rob

www.crmconsult.info Twitter:robertpeledie
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 10:36 PM
  • if you have changed, then you might have unpublished nad then published after doing the changes.

so once you will publish the opportunity will take the new workflow while it will start running the workflow.

Sudhanshu

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 8:49 AM
  • Sudhanshu:

My real problem is

1) I Have one workflow, this workflow in the last step close the opportinity how ok (no lost)

2) I send the mesage about close this opportinity, and this email include the real revenue. (In the first version not display the real revenue en the defaut view).

3) I change the workflow for assign the estimated revenue to real revenue after close the opportunity, whit this change solve t6he proble form step 2)

4) When I publish this change, the opportunitys what have previos version of workflow not take this changes

How solve this?

Best regards

jaime

Monday, October 4, 2010 1:53 PM
  • Hi Jaime, if the existing opportunities triggered the old version of the workflow they do not automatically trigger the new version of the workflow. You will need to manually associate the existing opportunities with the new workflow by having those opportunities meet the new workflow's trigger conditions or manually.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, October 4, 2010 4:08 PM
    Monday, October 4, 2010 4:02 PM