System Restore Encountered an Error

Question

• I turned off System Restore in order to run my sypware in hopes of fixing a problem I am having opening up our school's web site. When I tried to turn System Restore back I received this message " System Restore encountered an error to enable/disable one or more drivers failed to load. Please restart your computer and try again." I did so and got the message again. I google my problem and I eventually went to my event viewer and saw errors at the time I had tried to turn System Restore back on. I open the error and it said "The following boot-start or system start driver failed to load" The two listed were nvatabus and nvraid.  Has anyone ever encountered this problem and found a solution? What risk is there to my computer because I cant turn system restore back on?
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 12:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    this is the forum for the Operating system Windows Home Server, so the posting is off topic here.
    (Besides the fact, that you did not tell your OS.)
    You can try to change the setting after booting in safe mode. The mentioned errors seem to come from NVidia drivers, so maybe try to get more current drivers for your system first for the motherboard.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    this is the forum for the Operating system Windows Home Server, so the posting is off topic here.
    (Besides the fact, that you did not tell your OS.)
    You can try to change the setting after booting in safe mode. The mentioned errors seem to come from NVidia drivers, so maybe try to get more current drivers for your system first for the motherboard.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:03 PM
  • Thank you for your reply. I apologize for posting on the wrong forum. I'm new to posting on forums. I registered then hit ask question and wrote away without checking what forum it was actually being posted on!  I have Windows XP so I will try to find the right forum for this post to be put on and move it if i can figure out how to do that! Thanks again for your help!
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:26 PM
  • I tried starting system restore in safe mode if that is what you meant by changing the setttings because it cant be turned on in safe mode.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:42 PM
  • XP forums.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 4:30 PM