KERNEL32.DLL RRS feed

• Question

• Put instalation cd in on second computer and get error every time ( The Procedure entry point GetprocessId could not belocated in dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll .)  Anyone have a solution Sure would be helpfull.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Download the One Care trial - http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/3/default.htm then activate it using the Live ID and password associated with your One Care account.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:01 PM
  • Jim's answer is probably correct. However, make sure that your 2nd computer meets the requirements for OneCare or you'll see the same error.

The operating system must be x86 (32 bit) XP Service Pack 2 or 3 (you will need to update to SP3 or OneCare will advise you that you are missing important updates and be in yellow status, but it will install to SP2)  or

Vista - both 32 bit and 64 bit are supported.

If you have an older install CD, it will not install on Vista 64 bit and a very old CD will not install on any version of Vista.

-steve

Friday, November 21, 2008 2:22 AM
  • Jim I appreciate your help but, I am still comeing  up with the same error ( The Procedure entry point GetprocessId could not be located in dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll .) do u have any more suggestions ? I did download the trial did same thing i am using xp home edition  version 2002

Thank u Ditto2u !
    Friday, November 21, 2008 5:15 PM
  • Go to Windows Update and make sure to install all offered updates. Your error message would indicate that your copy of XP has not been updated to SP2 or later, per my previous post.

-steve

Friday, November 21, 2008 5:27 PM
  • I went there and did reccomended install

Windows XP Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) Friday, November 21, 2008 Windows Update
    Windows XP Update for Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) 2.0 and WinHTTP 5.1 (KB842773) Friday, November 21, 2008 Windows Update
    Windows XP Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) Friday, November 21, 2008 Windows Update
    Windows Windows Update Agent 7.2.6001.788 Friday, November 21, 2008 Automatic Updates

But i do not see the sp2 u are talking about. there a specific place to down load it?

Friday, November 21, 2008 5:41 PM
  • Went back again and it is giving me sp2 now thank u

Friday, November 21, 2008 5:45 PM
  • You will probably also want to visit Windows Update again after you've upgraded to SP2 to take additional updates, including SP3 and security updates issued after SP3. You'll need to do that after the OneCare install, anyway. You will need to visit multiple times to get all of the updates - with many reboots in between.

-steve

Friday, November 21, 2008 6:09 PM