Can not open open control panel freezes cannot turn on live one care RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Acer6920 (laptop) I bought it in October and bought a one year subscription of Microsoft Equipt and my computer has been working fine but this morning I closed my computer (it was on) and I opened it about and hour and a half to two hours later and when i opened it I logged back in but instead of loading to my desktop it opened to a blank green screen. I shut down by pressing the on/off button and tried logging on again it still loaded to the green screen. I did this a few times until eventually when it started turning back on an option came up saying start windows normally, safe mode, safe mode command prompt, safe mode (something else) I choose safe mode but it wasn't right so i restarted the computer and it automatically started normally this time my desktop came up but when i looked at the internet button it said it wasn't connected so i tried to hover and connect it but nothing happened so i tried to go to the start button and connect it from the control panel but when i clicked on it my computer just "dings" so i tried to open internet explorer and it gets the hour glass and then just stops and so i tried mozzila firefox and it worked i was able to get on the internet my microsoft word works and all that. Eventually i did something to search for viruses but a pop up came up saying that live care one is not on and so i cannot check for viruses...but i can't turn live care one back on because i cannot open my control panel when i try to go from the desktop it just freezes and says not responding and a pop up box comes up saying "End Process" when you click this the desktop refreshes and you are able to open the start button but when you try to open the control panel it just freezes again and the process goes around and around. I have also tried putting the original disc back in and start Live One Care that way but a pop up box shows you saying "open files/run files" i've tried to click run files but it once again freezes like the control panel and i have to click "End Process" and once again it is a big circle. How do i fix this?
    • Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Tuesday, March 10, 2009 2:04 PM (Moved from Windows Live OneCare – Off Topic to Windows Live OneCare General)
    Saturday, March 7, 2009 1:02 AM

Answers