none
Support cases with MCSA RRS feed

• Question

• I got my MCSA in Windows 2003 back in the beginning of 2008.  I specifically remember when I got my welcome kit and ID cards (yes I realize they don't do this anymore) that my MCSA came with 5-6 free tech support calls.  I used one of those support calls in mid 2008.  I wanted to use another one today, but they said they couldn't open a case that way.  I eventually got transferred to the MCP/Training department and they said that it is very likely that I did get 5-6 free support cases with my MCSA, but they don't offer this anymore.  Furthermore, I would need to find in writing in my welcome kit where it said I had these support cases, scan the document, email it back to them, and they can try to see if this is valid anymore.

Does anyone else remember this or am I being crazy?

Thursday, December 2, 2010 5:59 PM

Answers

• I just dug out my welcome kits for both MCSE and MCSA on Windows 2000 (I also took the upgrade exams for 2003, but I haven't found those welcome kits). They contain an ID card and certificate, as well as a welcome letter, but there is no mention of free tech support calls. Sorry about that.

Thursday, December 2, 2010 9:02 PM
  • I have not received any free support calls with my MCSA/MCSE but completed these in 2002 on Server 2000.

You get 2 free support calls with a TechNet Plus subscription, I have used these before and they are valid.

This is called TechNet Professional now though, you can access information on this here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/subscriptions/bb892756.aspx

Hope this helps

Jarad, MCITP, Brisbane Australia
    Friday, December 3, 2010 4:19 AM

All replies

• I just dug out my welcome kits for both MCSE and MCSA on Windows 2000 (I also took the upgrade exams for 2003, but I haven't found those welcome kits). They contain an ID card and certificate, as well as a welcome letter, but there is no mention of free tech support calls. Sorry about that.

Thursday, December 2, 2010 9:02 PM
  • I have not received any free support calls with my MCSA/MCSE but completed these in 2002 on Server 2000.

You get 2 free support calls with a TechNet Plus subscription, I have used these before and they are valid.

This is called TechNet Professional now though, you can access information on this here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/subscriptions/bb892756.aspx

Hope this helps

Jarad, MCITP, Brisbane Australia
    Friday, December 3, 2010 4:19 AM