New user are not added to UserGroup and ReportingGroup in AD. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All.

I have a customer that is experiencing problems when they are adding new users in CRM 4.0.

When the customer adds a new user, he writes the Domain Logon Name (domain\logonname), press the ‘tab’-button, and CRM retrieves information from the AD.

When the customer saves the User Form, the user is being created, but the assoiciated AD user is not added to the mandatory groups (UserGroup and ReportingGroup).

A trace on the CRM-server does not reveal any errors.

The users are able to log on the CRM, but are not able to run reports or opening Dynamic Excel-sheets.

Has anyone out there had the same problem?

Does anyone have a solution or ideas for troubleshooting further?

Best regards
    Kenn

Monday, June 4, 2012 7:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Kenn,

u should check the AutoGroupManagementOff Key in the Registry on the CRM Server.

Go to -> Regedit -> Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM\AutoGroupManagementOff

The Key should be 0 if its 1 it would explain why the Users are not added into the Security Groups.

Monday, June 4, 2012 8:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Kenn,

u should check the AutoGroupManagementOff Key in the Registry on the CRM Server.

Go to -> Regedit -> Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM\AutoGroupManagementOff

The Key should be 0 if its 1 it would explain why the Users are not added into the Security Groups.

Monday, June 4, 2012 8:05 AM
  • Hello Kenn,

if my answer was the solution it would be nice if you would mark it als answer.

thank you!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 7:39 AM
  • Hi Hurrikane1982.

I will try this and see if this is the case.

If it resolves my customers issue, i will of course return and mark your reply as an anwer.

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards Kenn

Thursday, June 7, 2012 7:40 AM
  • Thank you, it worked.

Best Regards Kenn

Thursday, June 7, 2012 8:00 AM
  • with this solution one has to  manually add the new user to ReportingGroup 

I want to avoid the manual step any solution for this ?

Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:43 AM