Help on packaging dotnet activex RRS feed

• Question

• I'm facing problem with a dotnet usercontrol hosted in the IIS server. I've developed the component as a class library. I've a requirement to get a mail from Outlook, hence I have referenced the Office PIA Libraries (for Office XP). The assembly is strong named. I've placed the dll files in a virtual directory in IIS.

It works fine when I access from the PC which I used for development. But when I try to access the Test webpage from a Test PC, it says "automation server can't create object". I tried to add the assembly to GAC & also used the Regasm to register the assembly by copying the assembly in a Test PC. Then it works fine.

Hence let me know
    1. How to package this assembly and install in the server ?
    2. How to add the assembly to GAC and register the assembly when getting downloaded to the clients ?

I use the following format to refer the component.

TestHtml file
    =============

Code snippet of object & javascript

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
            function ChkComponent()
            {       
                var obj = document.all["ATest"];
            var res2 = obj.mailChk('C:\\');
            }
        </script>

<object id="ATest" height="10" width="10"

classid="http://[IISServername]/[Virtual FolderName]/[OutlookdllName]#namespace.classname"

VIEWASTEXT></object>

<input type="button" value="Wish Hello" onclick="ChkComponent()"/>
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Prem, 

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest creating a new thread for your question in the forum located here:  (http://forums.iis.net/).

Hope that would be helpful.

Have a great day!

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 5:34 PM
  • The ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects forum covers using Windows Forms controls from inside Internet Explorer, as well as other issues in application deployments.
    MSMVP VC++
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 6:28 PM
  • Hi, ashawani_dubey, I don't think the thread starter need help in putting files on IIS. It is most likely a deployment question related to IE's Windows Forms control hosting feature. 
    MSMVP VC++
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:39 PM