Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I have just had to change to Windows 8 (new PC). I have been running Money Sunset Plus for some time on Windows 7 but the download hasn't worked on W8. Has anybody found a UK version of Money Sunset that works on W8 or is this a NO NO. I say UK 'cos that's where I am. If a US version will work on W8 that would be interesting although dates would be hard to get used to. If W8 has finally said goodbye to Microsoft Money (great shame after years and years of using it...since 97 I think) has anyone found a good alternative out there which will accept and convert money file. Living in hope, RK
    Saturday, March 22, 2014 1:35 PM

Answers

• A UK version of Money won't read your Money Sunset Plus file.  You would have to do a qif export and import to use it.

I believe that the date format is set by options in Windows, not by your version of Money.

Did you download Money Sunset Plus from the second "sticky" in this forum?

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3/download-microsoft-money-installation-files-solve-activation-and-some-other-errors?forum=money

You say it "hasn't worked".  What happens when you install from the downloaded file?  Error message?  Does it install but won't open your file?

Bill Becker

Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:12 PM
  • Many thanks Bill. I didn't download Sunset Plus from the 2nd sticky as it was a US version. I installed my UK version that I had been using in Windows 7 hoping it would be OK.

As mentioned the installation didn't work. It just said installation failed with no additional data that I could find despite looking around (searches) for log files etc.

I have now tried you 2nd sticky download and it is working fine on W8.1 (which I upgraded to today before I downloaded Money).

Additionally it is also processing my old file with no problems (as yet). Many thanks again. Ron K

Sunday, March 23, 2014 6:41 PM

All replies

• A UK version of Money won't read your Money Sunset Plus file.  You would have to do a qif export and import to use it.

I believe that the date format is set by options in Windows, not by your version of Money.

Did you download Money Sunset Plus from the second "sticky" in this forum?

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3/download-microsoft-money-installation-files-solve-activation-and-some-other-errors?forum=money

You say it "hasn't worked".  What happens when you install from the downloaded file?  Error message?  Does it install but won't open your file?

Bill Becker

Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:12 PM
  • Many thanks Bill. I didn't download Sunset Plus from the 2nd sticky as it was a US version. I installed my UK version that I had been using in Windows 7 hoping it would be OK.

As mentioned the installation didn't work. It just said installation failed with no additional data that I could find despite looking around (searches) for log files etc.

I have now tried you 2nd sticky download and it is working fine on W8.1 (which I upgraded to today before I downloaded Money).

Additionally it is also processing my old file with no problems (as yet). Many thanks again. Ron K

Sunday, March 23, 2014 6:41 PM
  • Ron,

Did you download the Money2005-UK-QFE2.exe file?  I have been trying to get this to install on my shiny new Win8.1 machine with no success.  Can you tell me what your secret is?

Friday, March 28, 2014 8:26 PM
  • Apologies after several reboots finally got the Money2005-UK-QFE2.exe file to perform the install. 
    Friday, March 28, 2014 9:34 PM
  • Sorry StandardNormal I have been away and just got back to me e-mails. No I didn't use the file you mentioned I used the  http://download.microsoft.com/download/C/1/B/C1BA4FFE-E119-4C19-8BD3-442F0E7E98A0/USMoneyBizSunset.exe being the 1st link under the Money Plus (not deluxe) section in sticky2 at the top of the Money forum. Still working Ok and reading my old file. Hope yours keeps going OK. Ro n
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 5:30 PM