"Media streaming is turned off" message on RWA despite Media Streaming being set to on. RRS feed

• Question

• When logging into RWA, the media library section sits on the loading animation for a while and then displays:

"Media streaming is turned off. To use media streaming on Remote Web Access, you must turn it on in the Dashboard."

I have Media Streaming set to "On" in my dashboard. I fear a recent change I made has caused this. By default IIS 7 binds itself to all IP addresses assigned to the NIC card, I needed to run a web service (Not related to RWA) on one of the IP's I have assigned to my NIC card and performed this change so I could bind it. I followed these instructions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954874

Ever since doing this Media Streaming has not worked. Apart from Media Streaming though, RWA works fine. I had to stop and start a couple of services, so I'm not sure if this has caused an issue.

Not sure what to do, any advice would be great!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 10:11 AM

Answers

• Well I reverted the change I made and made a bind to a non standard HTTPS port that IIS wasn't using, which has fixed the media library function in RWA. No idea what causes it to break with removing the IIS binding to all IP addresses, but hey.
    • Marked as answer by jamesmacwhite Wednesday, July 4, 2012 12:21 PM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 12:21 PM