Money 2002 and Money Plus Sunset - Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I currently use Money 2002 Standard edition. I need to know if this will work with Windows 10. I do not use the online features and it is merely a desktop account manager, but I do use it on a daily basis to keep my accounts up to date. It currently runs on Windows 7 Home and I understand it will run on Windows 8.1, but I am unable to test this.

Also, I need to know if Money Plus Sunset can be installed side by side with Money 2002, as I want to test this. I understand that Money Plus Sunset will uninstall older versions of Money Plus but I cannot seem to find any mention of it with Money 2002.

Any help would be gratefully received.

TheHub2011

Sunday, August 30, 2015 10:04 AM

All replies

• Reports on this forum are that versions of Money back to at least Money 99 will run under Windows 10.  So Money 2002 should work.  Be sure that you have the latest (August 12) updates to Windows 10.

I don't know for sure if installing Sunset will uninstall Money 2002.  There may be an option during the install process to keep both versions.  If you do install both versions, be sure to back up your Money 2002 file first and keep careful track of which file/program you are using.

Note also that in order to run under windows 10, Sunset requires replacement of the mnyob99.dll file.  See the first "sticky" post in this forum for how to do that:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3/download-microsoft-money-installation-files-solve-activation-and-some-other-errors?forum=money

Let us know how you make out.

Bill Becker

Sunday, August 30, 2015 4:38 PM
  • Hi Bill

Many thanks for the advice. Will let you know how I get on.

TheHub2011

Sunday, August 30, 2015 9:41 PM