Transfer mails to Thunderbird RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everybody

A few months back I was having trouble with my Mac Mail so i switched over to Thunderbird. I did not realize that there are some important mails that i need to transfer to Thunderbird. But now if i am doing so the mail wouldn't transfer. There are a few thousands of mails that i need to transfer urgently.

I am not that much of a tech-knowledgeable guy so plaese suggest me some short and smart answers.

Thank you for your support.

• Moved by Richard MuellerMVP Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:47 PM Question about Thunderbird email
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:10 AM

Answers

• Hello Everybody

A few months back I was having trouble with my Mac Mail so i switched over to Thunderbird. I did not realize that there are some important mails that i need to transfer to Thunderbird. But now if i am doing so the mail wouldn't transfer. There are a few thousands of mails that i need to transfer urgently.

I am not that much of a tech-knowledgeable guy so plaese suggest me some short and smart answers.

Hi,

This is a forum for "Forum issues", you have posted this question in wrong forum.

You would likely get better help in thunderbird forum, I would suggest you to post your question over there.

Thanks

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:29 AM
  • Well now i have downloaded outlook 2011 for mac. i thought my files could be transferred to outlook easily but here too is the same problem. i tried the import function present in the outlook but it does not select the apple mails.

What can i do for this.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that, you are facing problems.

You might get some help here : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoutlook (Office for Mac forum)

Or in Apple Support Communities

https://discussions.apple.com/community/windows_software/windows_compatibility?view=discussions

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:21 PM
  • I think you can find some answers here:- 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macoutlook/import-mails-from-apple-mail-to-outlook-2011/73393f9b-e3f2-4615-b3df-542abddf8c93

I hope this will help you. thanks

• Marked as answer by Dan_147 Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:00 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:00 PM

All replies

• Hello Everybody

Hi,

This is a forum for "Forum issues", you have posted this question in wrong forum.

You would likely get better help in thunderbird forum, I would suggest you to post your question over there.

Thanks

Regards, Santosh

Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:29 AM
  • Thanks for help. I will post there for sure.
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:05 PM
  • Well now i have downloaded outlook 2011 for mac. i thought my files could be transferred to outlook easily but here too is the same problem. i tried the import function present in the outlook but it does not select the apple mails.

What can i do for this.

Thanks

Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:15 PM

What can i do for this.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that, you are facing problems.

You might get some help here : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoutlook (Office for Mac forum)

Or in Apple Support Communities

https://discussions.apple.com/community/windows_software/windows_compatibility?view=discussions

Regards, Santosh

Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:21 PM
  • Thanks Mac, this was really helpful.
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:01 PM
  • Check to see if Thunderbird has an Import Mailboxes or similiar command. If so, then export from Mail and import to Thunderbird.

Mail Menu Bar - under the Mailbox menu there is an export mailbox option which would allow you to export the mailbox to your desktop.

There are third party tools available now-a-days for this kind of problems and they are pretty useful. You have just to select the files from the apple mail that you want to convert and your mails are transferred within no time.

http://mailexporterpro.com

Friday, April 11, 2014 8:50 AM