CRM 2011 - Migrate Connection Along with Accounts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Forum,

Need your advice to carry out below business case:

Background: Our company has acquired another company which also use CRM 2011 on premise. We both are using exact same CRM version with latest update. As a part of the process, I have to merge all their customization and data with our system. (Our CRM system going to be final version after the merge). During this process I came across below scenario.

Scenario: Other company user connection functionality for their Account entity. They are connecting System User to Account entity through some custom connection role. (Like Service Manager, Client Account Manager etc...).  1 Account has minimum 1 and maximum 4 connection associated with it.

Now my task is to import all their Accounts with related connections into our system. Importing Account as we all know is very simple process (Export to excel and Import) but how do I import Connection along with Account ?? 

Any help would greately appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

-H.Desai

P.S.  - I have gone through this helpful link but that's not suitable for my scenario as it's manually creates connection against each account in excel file

• Edited by H.Desai Friday, October 9, 2015 12:03 AM
    Friday, October 9, 2015 12:02 AM

All replies

• How about writing a SDK console application to do the data migration. This way you can check whether the connection role exists and if not create and connect with the account being migrated.

Sachith Chandrasiri

Saturday, October 10, 2015 9:40 PM
  • Hi Sachith,

Thanks for your reply.

Doing this trough SDK is always an option. I just wanted to know if there is way of doing this through native import process.

Regards,

H.Desai

Sunday, October 11, 2015 8:14 PM