Password field Communicator 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All -

Any idea how to enable password field on Communicator 2007 R2 ?

Thanks.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:12 AM

Answers

• Gotcha.  The 'username' field is for SIP usernames, not AD usernames.  Once you type in a valid SIP username (like jeff@contoso.com) Office Communicator will attempt to authenticate you to that server using you currently logged on credentials.  If you happen to be logged into the workstation with any account other than the account using that SIP name, then you'll be automatically prompted to enter the proper credentials.   That window will include domain, username, and password fields.  Take a look at this screenshot for example.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 12:48 PM

All replies

• Can you rephrase your question with more detail?  I do not know what you mean by 'enable the password field'.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 12:02 PM
  • Basically I need to be able to connect to OCS on a different domain and provide a password.
    On the Communicator, there is no password field - only username.

Does this make sense?
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 12:35 PM
  • Gotcha.  The 'username' field is for SIP usernames, not AD usernames.  Once you type in a valid SIP username (like jeff@contoso.com) Office Communicator will attempt to authenticate you to that server using you currently logged on credentials.  If you happen to be logged into the workstation with any account other than the account using that SIP name, then you'll be automatically prompted to enter the proper credentials.   That window will include domain, username, and password fields.  Take a look at this screenshot for example.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 12:48 PM
  • Ok.. this is what I was looking for.
    I have user on a remote domain and I need him to authenticate to our OCS using our account U\P.

What is the solution for situation like that? else, we'll have to get rid of Microsoft OCS and look for another solution :-(

Thanks!
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 11:50 AM
  • You should not have to do anything special here.  Sign-in with the remote user's SIP address and if his current credentials are not the same account (which is the case) then OC will automatically prompt for valid credentials.  If you aren't getting that far then you have a configuration issue and OC is not finding the OCS server.  It could be SRV/A record resolution mis-configuration if you are using Automatic sign-in.  Otherwise possible a certificate-trust problem.  Take a look at the workstation's Application log for more details if you are receiving a login failure to the server.  Authentication won't be prompted for unti lthe client at least connects to the OCS server succesfully.
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 12:57 PM