Win 8.1 Pro connects to server, but won't backup past 1% RRS feed

• Question

• I have just completed a fresh installation for win 8.1 pro 64, and wanted to backup both the OS drive (SSD) and data drive (HDD) to my WHS2011. The connection software installed without a hitch, but I can't get anything to backup to the server. It gets to 1% and then fails.

The event log says

"Reason: ClientVssProblem, System.String[]"

Just poking around, my SSD has a EFI system partition. Does this mean I need this hotfix? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2781272/en-gb

It's getting complicated..

• Edited by bobbynudd Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:42 PM
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:35 PM

Answers

• Yes, without installing the UEFI hotfix on your server it will not back up a UEFI based machine (which is basically anything new!). The Hotfix installs easily and I have not had or seen any reported problems with it.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Proposed as answer by Phil Harrison Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by bobbynudd Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:44 AM
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:14 PM
  • I believe there is no difference between the 3 versions of the Hotfix that you will be offered! Good luck.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:23 PM

All replies

• Yes, without installing the UEFI hotfix on your server it will not back up a UEFI based machine (which is basically anything new!). The Hotfix installs easily and I have not had or seen any reported problems with it.

• Proposed as answer by Phil Harrison Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:14 PM
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:14 PM
  • Ok, I will give this a go. Thanks.
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:21 PM
  • I believe there is no difference between the 3 versions of the Hotfix that you will be offered! Good luck.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:23 PM
  • I installed the most recent version, and overnight my new machine managed to backup!
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:44 AM
  • Excellent.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 11:02 AM