Live Mesh: Roadmap? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

Sorry to be so negative... I know that this product/syncing is difficult to get right and that the team is working very hard to deliver on the whole Mesh vision, but it is nearly a year since Mesh went public and although there have been (recently intermittant) updates, there are still major issues with the basics (file syncing), never mind the repeated feature requests that there's been no update on (removable drives, mobile platform support) and the broader mesh vision.

Can the team provide at least a *hint* of what's coming or an indication of when they think the basics will be fixed? Or when you'll be updating mesh (why have the frequent updates disappeared)? I know you'll share our frustration, but I'm sure members of this forum don't really want to be beta testing a product that can detroy their personal files for another year...

Again, thanks for all your work..it's just that for something with so much promise (and award winning potential), things seem to have gone a bit stagnant...

P
    indigoblue
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 11:08 AM

All replies

• I'm going to change your post from question to discussion.
    I am not part of the Live Mesh team, nor a Microsoft employee, but it has been my experience that you won't get an answer to your question regarding a roadmap. Hints, maybe, but details, never.
    It may seem like slow going, but in the time that I've been using Live Mesh I have seen some pretty significant improvements and changes. I am sure that there will be many more to come.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:55 PM