Changing theme in sandbox instance RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've created a sandbox instance, but there is no default theme present. I tried importing the theme (via excel) from the production instance, but it won't import it. I don't get errors during the import, but there are no records processed. When I try to create a theme from scratch, when I save it, I get an error message saying that a theme with id xxxxxxx does not exist.

How do I change the theme?

Thanks.

Thursday, September 15, 2016 4:24 PM

All replies

• I think it could be due to Some trouble with Environment, as long as i call back themes work well in both sandbox and production. I suggest to reach out to MS for support.

If my response answered your question, please "mark the response as an answer" and also "vote as helpful". Regards, Hari. www.crm2011byhari.blogspot.com

Friday, September 16, 2016 4:50 AM
  • Thanks will try that.
    Friday, September 16, 2016 11:41 AM
  • I've not seen the ability to 'import' themes, but I could be wrong.  If you have a link to how to do that, I would be interested to see.

The recommended way to customize the theme is to 'clone' the default theme, give it a new name, customize it, then publish it as the new default theme.

http://bit.ly/2cCscVZ 

Friday, September 16, 2016 5:01 PM
  • Thanks for that. However, there is no default theme. When I created the sandbox (using minimal copy), there was no default theme to clone. So that's why I tried to import the default theme from the production instance.
    Friday, September 16, 2016 5:33 PM
  • That is very strange.  Depending on what you are trying to do, maybe reset the sandbox?  If that's not an option, a call to Microsoft Support may be in order.
    Friday, September 16, 2016 5:38 PM