Authentication code RRS feed

• Question

• I have to different sites in my site list, with the same "Authentication code".
    Is that correct? I was surprised to see that, I thought the code was unique to each site.

The two different sites are.

vietnamcharter.com
    vietnam-charter.com

Sunday, December 21, 2008 11:49 PM

Answers

• Thanks. I am still researching your main issue. I'll let you know as soon as I have an update.

Brett

Monday, December 22, 2008 5:27 PM

All replies

• I found the answer myself in the MSN webtool blog:

"

Easier Authentication

For the past year, we have heard from webmasters that authenticating their sites was a difficult and sometimes limiting process. For large site owners or those with many domains, it can be hard to manage all the authorization codes for your sites. In this update, we have simplified the authentication process by allowing you to use one authentication code for all your sites. In addition, you no longer need to specify between XML or HTML authentication methods for each registered site. You need only to add an authentication code to the site and we will check for both methods automatically."

Good blog, it was helpful to read. Probably more people should glance through the blog before submitting questions here.

Merry Chrismas!

Monday, December 22, 2008 12:09 AM
  • Thanks. I am still researching your main issue. I'll let you know as soon as I have an update.

Brett

Monday, December 22, 2008 5:27 PM