itunes 9 and WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am thinking of purchasing the Acer H 340 with WHS OEM. I am running itunes in V9 on one of the clients and have the itunes library on this client at the moment.
    with the new WHS, I would like to move the ITL to this WHS and store the music there. 
    With itunes then still installed on my client, will I be able to import other files or folders from the WHS to the ITL using the client´s itunes ?
    Will I be able to still manage and fill my ipods connected to the client and it´s itunes with music form the ITL sitting on my WHS ?

For all other music sharing over my network, I am using WMP11, which is e.g. what I use for ripping my CDs to mp3 and store them at the "my music" folder (currently on the client but with WHS to be removed to the WHS), which I then manually import into itunes by using the "...add file to ITL"...

Whole in a nutshell question is: Will this work as outlined ?

Thanks a lot for your help,
    D
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 11:02 AM

Answers

• Storing your iTunes library in a network share is fine; for more details about the specifics and caveats you should really consult with an iTunes forum however. Assuming you sort everything out appropriately, you shouldn't have any problems doing what you're asking about.

One thing which I'll note: iTunes is really a single user solution, so you should not attempt to share a single iTunes library directly amongst multiple computers (i.e. don't point several iTunes installations at the same library files/media) as you may corrupt files or even the whole library.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:38 PM