Close Message on Incident Entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've registered a Step on Close message of the Incident entity, when I resolve a case, I expect the 'Close' message to be triggered, rather the 'Update' message is triggered twice, and then the 'Close' message, is this the out of box behavior, or am I experiencing something unusual.

Also please help me when is the 'SetState' and 'SetStateDynamicEntity' message triggered? I've registered steps on these messages as well, but unable to trigger them.

Appreciate your views and suggestions.

Thanks,

Karishma

Monday, April 28, 2014 11:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Aileen,

Thank you for your reply! But the SetState is being triggered on IncidentResolution and not Incident !

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Actually when you Close a incident request, it will trigger a Update message.

Usually if I want to trigger a plugin after user deactivate or activate a record (which is it is supposed to be triggered by SetState message as well), what I did is register a step on Update event, but using filter : if(TargetEntity.contains("statecode")) or can be statuscode.

Saturday, May 10, 2014 7:03 PM
  • Hi Aileen,

Thank you for your reply! But the SetState is being triggered on IncidentResolution and not Incident !

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 11:46 AM