Adding a New Asynchronous Service RRS feed

• Question

• I am deploying a new Server to host an Asynchronous Service to lighten the load on the CRM App server. It is failing because the account I am running the install under does not have Sysadmin rights on the SQL server.

Do you know what is happening in terms of SQL when I create a new Async Service pointing at an existing CRM Organisation. I will be running the service under the service account I used in the main CRM which has all the rights it needs to pick up jobs and process them. What other metadata / config entries are being made if any.

Is this just a legacy of the CRM install wizard, because I am running the full blown CRM install and then just choosing the Async part?

• Edited by Blidski Friday, July 20, 2012 10:59 AM
    Friday, July 20, 2012 10:58 AM

Answers

• I don't know exactly why the installer needs the SQL Server admin rights but I do know that it is possible to run CRM without SQL Server admin rights, so you could just give the installation account the admin rights on a temporary basis while you do the install.
    • Marked as answer by Blidski Friday, July 20, 2012 12:42 PM
    Friday, July 20, 2012 11:17 AM

All replies

• I don't know exactly why the installer needs the SQL Server admin rights but I do know that it is possible to run CRM without SQL Server admin rights, so you could just give the installation account the admin rights on a temporary basis while you do the install.
    • Marked as answer by Blidski Friday, July 20, 2012 12:42 PM
    Friday, July 20, 2012 11:17 AM
  • Thanks for the response.

That was my plan but I like to know what I'm changing (if anything) rather than doing something blindly.

The SQL Profiler trace didn't reveal anything so I reckon I will do as you suggest.

Friday, July 20, 2012 11:47 AM